It has started, everyone is inside, afraid that her or his last day has arrived. So you have locked yourself in, and your mind is racing. This is probably your thought process.
- I am going to die.
- Okay, I am probably not going to die. But I should definitely leave. I cannot be quarantining myself for weeks inside!
- Let us be honest, I need to work and be pragmatic. Wait and see. Cultivate some patience, one of my new year’s resolutions.
- I have so much time now, I should do that online course, read some books, do some baking. Let me take a look where I put all that stuff.
- I do not want to do any of this.
- How about learning something new? Let me google ‘finger crocheting’.
- I need to get out. Who among my friends will be most likely to also not worry about this epidemic?
- My high school classmate that I didn’t talk for years to asked me if I am doing well. Do they expect me to say “no”?
- Again a news update on the number of deaths. Anytime now my parents and relatives will start bombarding me.
- Turns out being in the eye of the storm is pretty damn boring.
At least we can rest assured that we are all in this together. Except for the ones who will catch the virus of course. Stay healthy and happy everyone!